East China Engagement leader
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 205260
Position Title: Senior Manager, Engagement & Delivery
GCA East China Engagement Lead – APAC
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The mission of the Teradata’s Consulting organisation is to leverage data and analytics to solve high-value business problems for our customers, generating annual recurring revenue (ARR) for the company and consumption of Teradata Vantage.
East China Engagement Lead, APAC Consulting Organization
The East China Engagement Lead, is responsible for managing & developing around $20-30M consulting business, with engagement managers / partners under his or her reporting, in charge of east China related enterprise and commercial clients, including banking, telecom, retail, airline, logistics etc. This role reports directly to the GCA Engagement leader.
The leader also is an much experience engagement manager / Engagement Partner, is responsible for consulting business development and delivery of Teradata, Teradata Application, and other Teradata solution services within East China territory. This position focuses on the management and growth of client relationships through effective engagement delivery. To perform effectively, the Engagement Partner must have a full understanding of Teradata methodology with respect to Teradata data warehousing, Teradata Applications projects. The Engagement Partner delivers solutions in the cloud, on premises, and in hybrid environments. In conjunction with the Account Executive, the Engagement Partner executes the sales strategy through effective customer meetings, high-level customer relationships, personal and professional credibility, and the development of proposals and Statements of Work. It is the Engagement Partner who positions and drives the sale of Teradata Consulting and serves as the lead negotiator for proposals and contracts in addition to managing the outlook process, customer revenue and orders, and assuming full accountability for customer invoicing and related issues.
As a key consulting manager, the Engagement Partner directs, manages, and supports the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective. This includes project direction, the performance of project audits and quality checks, participation in client steering committees, and maintenance of client relationships while meeting revenue and profitability targets. In summary, the Engagement Partner has responsibility for consulting orders, revenue, profit, engagement planning, engagement staffing, engagement execution, engagement quality, and client satisfaction. The Engagement Partner may also provide guidance and investment recommendations to the respective Business Solutions Group in their specialization area. Typically, this position directly reports to the Area Managing Partner.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• To be leader to manage East China consulting business: Order, Rev., margin, AR and customer satisfaction of consulting delivery
• Manage team to drive the objective. Under reporting there are multiple engagement managers/ partners base on industry and accounts;
• Also personally has strong engagement managers / partners experience, as personally will take 1 or 2 enterprise / commercial account;
• As focal leader working with GTM team, sales director, sales, BC, SE;
• Lead the team, be accountable for consulting commercial arrangement, to present bid package, bid process etc. commercial tasks;
• Actively work with practice leaders, to provide industry view and skills trend, for practice team to prepare skills portfolio and capacity requirement;
• Closely work with project management team, continuously monitoring customer interactions, support project delivery to ensure complete satisfaction and success.
• Establish, focus, build trusting relationship with key delivery stakeholder to ensure the highest level of customer success and foundation.
• Develop communities across the GCA to inspire, promote and share wins and success delivery, offerings.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
• Experience engagement partner, lead consulting GTM team
• Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
• Strong understanding of market trends and technologies. This includes a solid understanding and experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
• Understanding of key Cloud principles and Open Source technologies such as TensorFlow, Spark and UX frameworks.
• Excellent people development and talent management skills.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
• Highly skilled in team management, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
• Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: East China Engagement leader
Job Category: Consulting
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN