Social Media Manager, Internal Communications
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205255
Position Title: Communications Specialist (IV)
Are you passionate about Social Media and building networks? We are looking for a Social Media Expert to curate and manage our internal company-wide collaboration site, The Forum, for two-way employee dialog and collaboration. The Forum is designed to successfully drive change across our organization, and we need a full-time manager to manage the site and apply best practices.
The ideal candidate will have their finger on the pulse of Teradata and be well versed in social media trends and metrics, as well as skilled in employee advocacy and engagement. You are a strong writer who can interpret often technical content and help connect the right subject experts with our employees, by not only explaining it in non-technical terms and telling a story. You should also have experience driving engagement and awareness through social media and tracking trends and analytics for continual improvement.
- Monitor and manage The Forum, Teradata’s internal collaboration site, based on Microsoft SharePoint and Yammer.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships cross functionally with the company’s subject matter leaders to curate, generate, edit, publish and share meaningful content on a continuous rotation of content.
- Identify and track trends, conversations and thought leaders and communicate to leadership in monthly updates.
- Act as a liaison with IT on SharePoint and Yammer platform performance and optimization.
- Review metrics and analytics dashboard and develop reports for leadership.
- Work closely with the company’s cross-functional communications team to build editorial calendar
- Partner with the company’s graphic design team to ensure content posted is on brand.
- Work on confidential projects
- Create and adhere to deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Yammer is strongly preferred
- 7 years of direct working experience with collaboration / social media content and managing social properties
- Experience creating metrics and analyzing success of a social media platform(s) and reporting outcomes to senior leadership.
- Have a strong understanding of Teradata’s strategy, direction and differentiators, and a solid grasp of Teradata’s organizational structure.
- Experience in the technology industry, with proven capability in any / all the following disciplines: Communications, Journalism, Advertising
- Proven ability to excel across organizational boundaries.
- Expert oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in writing, editing, and crafting content for social media. Writing samples required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in communications, social media marketing, journalism or advertising or equivalent
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Social Media Manager, Internal Communications
Job Category: Marketing
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US