Industry Business Consultant - Financial Services, Toronto
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Requisition Number: 205216
Position Title: Business Consulting V
Industry Business Consultant – Financial Services – Toronto - Virtual
Solid, comfortable and client focused subject matter expertise across multiple areas of the target market, customers within that market, competitive topography and a clear proven ability to sell value and grow that value through clear consultative and technical sales skills. Proven business and entrepreneurial skills, strong client engagement and presentation skills and demonstrable collaboration skills are critical for this high impact role.
The Business Consultant will first and foremost have a passion for transforming a business and a sense of urgency for building recurring revenue projects through the application of a powerful analytics technology platform. They will have experience building and running a book of business in a highly matrixed environment including working with relationship managers, systems and data engineers and prospects and customers on a daily basis. They will be a seasoned consultative salesperson with a strong capacity to hit the ground running, a hunter mentality, and a robust rolodex or ability to engage the market quickly.
They will have a proven track record of selling consulting services in the digital, data and analytics space with the ability to solution creative, repeatable, tip of the spear solutions to drive the pull through of large technology sales. In addition to selling and building solutions, you will help to drive Teradata’s product sales and adoption, build the team and manage client engagements. As a hunter, they will be able to leverage their personal rolodex as well as farm current accounts for new revenue.
Experience needs to be material and demonstrable business analytics, technology and process consulting or sales success in one or more of following market focus areas:
- Retail and personal Banking including digital and on-line channels
- Corporate Treasury and Enterprise CFO roles
The ideal candidate for this role will be a Consultant or Technology Business leader who is seasoned in selling and delivering into the markets above. With exceptional personal and presentation communication skills and an extensive background in technology based consulting, the right candidates will have the opportunty to help transform a large, global technology company.
They will have extensive experience identifying, building relationships with, and successfully selling to C-level or business line leaders or equally influential economic buyers within business operating units. They will understand a client’s key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack and competitive environment to guide them through how Teradata solutions can be applied to address their unique needs. They will be well versed in utilizing workshops, journey mapping, and design thinking to communicate a vision to their clients of the art of the possible and helping them to build their roadmap for success. They will be able to sell both front and back office analytics, data management and business value solutions with a focus on winning consulting business and pulling through substantial technology sales. An understanding of the process and value of building repeatable customer solutions to drive revenue will be imperative to success.
They will possess strong communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to present themselves and Teradata as the premiere vendor for data consulting services to customer or prospects.
They will have previously been successful in a consulting or complex sales environment delivering enterprise solutions incorporating advanced analytics to existing and new logo accounts, transforming a business and with success building a team. They will have responsibility for opening new logos, farming current accounts, and driving revenue, profitability, customer satisfaction and relationship management within their area of responsibility. Dependent on the client this person may personally own targeted accounts and act as the consulting executive for key customers.
- Manage, coordinate and win analytics and data aligned sales successes in target market and customers leveraging the Teradata portfolio to the largest extent possible.
- Create trust and demonstrably accepted value as a provider to customers ensuring both personal and corporate eminence and reputation.
- Act in a manner of “land and expand” identifying ways to significantly grow revenue in existing accounts through direct engagement of clients in coordination with client Sales teams.
- Build strong relationships across the Teradata organization to ensure ability to partner for success.
- Provide input into delivery oversight ensuring a high level of delivery excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Proven record of eight years’ minimum demonstrating the ability to build and leverage strong, trusted relationships in the financial services community.
- Minimum of eight years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success.
- Proven Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / Advanced Analytics / Data Science experience of at least 5 years.
- Hands on experience in several business disciplines such as business intelligence, or Advanced Analytics related consulting services, business operations, project management, information technology, software development, marketing, and sales with a proven ability and record of success.
- Strong communications and presentation skills both internally and with external eminence. Ability to positively present themselves, Teradata and consulting services to customer or prospects.
- Ability to recruit and retain key associates in management, presales and delivery positions.
Demonstrable and proven success in business, consultative sales and entrepreneurial success supersedes academic experience.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, including sales commissions, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location - Toronto
Value, contribution and abilities supersede location.
Community / Marketing Title: Industry Business Consultant - Financial Services, Toronto
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA