Enterprise Technology Consultant
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205199
Position Title: Solution Account Consultant (III)
Enterprise Technology Consultant
Location: San Diego, CA
This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that defines and delivers the next generation of TERADATA platforms. TERADATA is the world’s leading data warehousing and Big Data organization and has embarked on an exciting journey to build and deliver the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics offerings. Today, some of the largest and most cutting-edge companies run their applications on our industry-leading software & hardware infrastructure. TERADATA is building next-gen high performance advanced analytics, AI & Machine-Learning capabilities.
TERADATA is seeking a seasoned Enterprise Technology Consultant for our presales Global Technical Consulting team. This person will work with a diverse group of internal/external factors and consult with sales teams worldwide in the sizing/configuration of TERADATA systems for On-Premise and Managed Cloud implementations to meet customer requirements. The successful candidate will provide strategic technical support to the sales organization with the goal of enhanced revenue generation. This person will:
• Provide thought leadership and technical consultation to the sales force on innovative Teradata solutions.
• Assume a leadership role in selecting and configuring TERADATA technology for field personnel.
• Provide technical support and answer complex technical questions, including input to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
• Translate customer requirements into potential technology solutions and translate complex technical information from Engineering into understandable language for non-technical customers.
• Participate in strategic account planning sessions.
• Train field technical personnel on TERADATA and Cloud technology.
• Liaise with development personnel to facilitate development and release activities.
• Validate proposed configurations for manufacturability, conformance to configuration guidelines, and acceptable performance.
• Coordinate with IT, Engineering and other stakeholders to support process and system improvement.
Education / Experience Requirements:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant technical field
• Field technical experience in the large enterprise space. Experience with sales process, sales teams, and customer-facing positions is a plus.
• Knowledge of relational databases and nonrelational databases.
• Broader technical knowledge of servers, data storage and Cloud technologies.
• Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented.
Nice to have:
• Presales and Post Sales experience
• Fluency in foreign language is a plus (French, German, Japanese, Korean, mandarin, or Spanish)
• Understanding of CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) process from requirements gathering, to configure, price, quote, order, build, and implement.
• Trainable and able to train others.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Technology Consultant
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US