Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 205188
Position Title: Technology Consulting V
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of our customers. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimise assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Solution Architect has deep knowledge of a range of technologies required for a client’s Analytics solution. The Solution Architect defines the logical and physical architecture blueprints for a project and works with the Ecosystem Architect to determine technology and implementation choices and tradeoffs.
The Solution Architect has consulting and people leadership skills targeting client Enterprise Architects and Project Tech Leads.
This position requires an Australian Government Security Clearance. A prerequisite for a security clearance is the candidate must be an Australian Citizen and a willingness to undergo a security clearance process.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define logical architecture and/or physical blue-prints for a client solution
- Define and develop architecture for integration of the Ecosystem Architecture components into the client’s Analytic Ecosystem.
- Define the client’s architecture at the mid-levels of the Teradata analytic architecture - the Logical to Solution (Physical) Layers.
- Provides direct support for solution delivery teams. Works directly with the Teradata Solution Engineers, Ecosystem Architects and other consultants.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects including; costs, project plan, work breakdown structures and risk analysis.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Solution Expert with Implementation Experience - Has been or is now actively involved in technical consulting engagements
- Deep technical experience in some significant portion of the analytic ecosystem technologies, and knowledgeable in others to connect appropriate dots for a given solution
- Teradata and other data and analytics technologies - Demonstrated knowledge of Teradata and other data and analytics options
- Hadoop and Open Source – Preferably demonstrated knowledge of Hadoop and Open Source options
- Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud - Can define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud
- Expertise documenting technical systems architectures and explaining the systems so that both developers and technical (IT) managers can understand the rationale behind the design.
- Architecture Framework Expertise - Expertise on Teradata Architecture Framework
- Industry framework certification such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEA is a plus
- Adopts Architecture Principles - Adopts and validates the architecture definition against Teradata's architecture principles
- Identifies and Utilises Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU