Location: Milan, Lombardia IT
Requisition Number: 205158
Position Title: Technology Consulting III
The Data Architect defines, develops, and promotes the Teradata Enterprise Data Architecture strategy that aids our clients in achieving their strategic information management goals. The Data Architect defines and leads data architecture and data strategies that underpin a successful data implementation.
A Data Architect provides subject matter expertise on Data Models and Data Architecture and works with relational databases, open source, and big data technologies including Hadoop. A Data Architect provides detailed information about a Customer’s Data Architecture including source systems, data availability, and data quality. A Data Architect recommends improvements in data quality, data management, lineage, and governance across the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse lifecycles. Often the duration, simplicity, and efficiency of an implementation is reliant upon good quality, accurately sourced data, and often the data is in disparate source systems with little/no overarching reviews or management.
Working as part of a highly skilled data management team, the Data Architect is responsible for developing robust pragmatic data models that meet requirements while supporting the data architectural design principles and designs of the broader IT organization. This includes the creation of enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models; creating data models that conform to existing standards and conventions; providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies; revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates. Additional responsibilities include end-to end data lifecycle management activities, evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies and standards, and ensuring consistency between data management, enterprise storage, and all other technical system components.
Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential as the role involves working closely with our clients, 3rd party vendors, management consultants, and internal data teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with business leaders to create Conceptual Data Architectures which align business needs with Target State Architecture.
- Participation in the creation of an Enterprise Reference Data Architecture for a Client
- Participation in the definition of standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables.
- Define enterprise architectures for Data Warehouse, Master Data/Reference Data, integration for data and transaction processing.
- Collaboration with the business, its applications, solutions, and with technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and to maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Effectively communicate the benefits of all aspects of Data Management including Master Data Management and Metadata Management process and principles, with the ability to sell those ideas to others.
- Assist with the Client’s review and approval of all major business solutions delivery projects.
- Work with the Client’s Database Administration, Architecture, and Data Analytics teams to help set the enterprise data strategy and standards
- The creation and implementation of processes to collect and maintain inventory of data assets across the Client’s enterprise
- Actively participate and lead data mapping exercises and facilitate data modelling sessions with business and technical teams from information gathering to model validation.
- Build the enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models for analytics, operational, and reporting structures in accordance to Teradata’s industry best practices.
- Provide support in the use of enterprise and analytical data, particularly identifying synergies and connections between data across business areas.
- Providing support to analyze data requirements and data stored in a disparate set of systems and designing a robust set of data structures.
- Drive standardization and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets.
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel to facilitate a trusted advisor relationship.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Assist in maintaining the assessment and inventory of the existing enterprise-level data environment.
- Design and develop a strategy for Data archiving.
- Semantic Modeling
- Data Profiling
- Data modelling experience across relational and non-relational technologies
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of designing the conceptual, logical, and physical database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling, and data integration for relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Previous experience working within a Big Data Environment. For example, Hadoop, Kline, Hive, HBase, Spark, NoSQL.
- Experience with visualization and reporting tools, data profiling analysis and transformation.
- Previous technical background in Database Development and/or Data Warehouse Analysis / Business Intelligence roles with strong SQL skills, some programming, data design or business architecture experience
- Proven ability to undertake business analysis of problems and framing the solutions in business terms while providing the high-level designs and proposals
- Strong data mapping skills sufficient to take ownership of all mapping deliverables and ensure successful hand-over to the technical team.
- Demonstrated senior level capabilities in conceptual analysis, problem solving, and data analysis, with ability to lead and facilitate business requirements and data analysis and modelling sessions.
- Strong understanding of data architecture principles and techniques
- Experience with ERWIN as modelling tool is required, with additional Model Mart management experience preferred.
- Experience working within a Cloud Data Environment: AWS, MS Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Cloud Data technologies, solutions, and future Cloud Data Strategies
- Experience Meta data architecture and Master Data Management Solutions.
- Understanding of activities within primary discipline such as Master Data management (MDM), Metadata Management, and Data Governance (DG).
- Performing analysis and design for Data Management and Data Driven projects.
- Strong Business and Data Analysis skills
- Strong leadership and influence skills across Business and Technology organizations
- Proactively engage with the project stake-holders and understand requirements.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder engagement skills providing architecture guidance to other staff on the project
- Understand the client’s business goals, IT plans and architecture, and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and solution designs.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. An effective communicator, with an ability to provide solutions as well as being open minded to those of others.
- Good communicator with both Business & IT
- Excellent time management skills
- Mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with associates at all organizational levels.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milan, Lombardia IT