Senior Data Scientist
Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 205106
Position Title: Analytics Consulting IV
Senior Data Scientist
Data Science teams at Teradata deliver business insights and value to clients through big data analytics. Our data solutions integrate into engineering and decision-making processes. Additionally, we offer advisory services to our clients including use case prioritization, tool selection and training, and capability definitions.
Teradata is expanding its data science team in Cairo. We are looking for talented, highly self-motivated, and independent data scientists at all levels.
We are looking for data scientists that are…
- Highly self-motivated
- Keen on learning and continuous self-development
- Challengers of assumptions and status quo
As a data scientist, you will independently and as part of a team:
- Perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product.
- Follow team development processes.
- Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, quickly learn and adapt to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
- Participate in pre-sales activities: presentation, workshops and proof-of-concepts for the clients.
As a senior, you are expected to:
- Lead and mentor data scientists in client projects
- Focus on the business value of the data product
- Interface more frequently with clients
- Improve team processes
- Be tools agnostic
- Sc. or equivalent working experience in data science / machine learning
- Analytical rigor
- Proficient in either R or Python
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
- Intermediate level in Matlab
- Software engineering knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical presentation skills
- Ability to conduct pre-sales presentations
- Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Expert level in Python including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Expert level in SQL and R
- Software engineering background (Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with PySpark and MLlib
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau or PowerBI for visualization
- Familiar with SPSS Modeler and SAS Enterprise Miner for modeling
- Familiar with SAS and SPSS Statistics for statistical analysis
- Familiar with either Teradata, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Specialized in a data science area such as NLP, Speech recognition, or image processing
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
- Excellent sales and public speaking skills
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG