Data Team Lead
Location: MUNICH, Bavaria DE
Requisition Number: 205101
Position Title: Manager, Technology Consulting
Data Team Lead (m/f/d)
Location: Munich, Frankfurt, Duesseldorf
The Data Team Leader is responsible for managing and developing a team of approximately 7-9 data consultants within Germany. They are a recognised thought leader and subject matter expert within the Data domain. This role reports directly to the Germany Data Practice Lead. The Data Team Lead manages and drives our data consultants with a focus on the Data Platform. These consultants are experts in infrastructure related issues like Unity, Data Fabric, Workload Optimization or Database Administration and Information Security to help our customers find the business answers they need using Teradata’s Vantage.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead, develop and grow a competitive, high-quality team of data consultants. Provide recruiting, talent management, performance management, development planning, and coaching for your team.
- Deliver on practice billability targets to ensure overall financial success for EMEA Consulting.
- Support sales and project delivery as a subject matter expert, driving delivery standardisation through capabilities and reusable assets. Monitor industry trends and develop relevant capability within a specific practice.
- Instil a culture of creating, capturing, and reusing assets that will enable us to deliver our services more effectively in cooperation with the GEOs and Knowledge Management function.
- Satisfy customers, assist in delivery of business opportunities and delivery of projects.
- Deliver 50% personal chargeability from client-based engagements.
Anticipated distribution of time
- 20% of their time on operational tasks, including recruitment, training
- 20% on sales support of the German deals
- 10% on practice development
- 50% on chargeable work
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience.
- Deep technical experience and ability to serve as a subject matter expert in one of the following areas: Analytics Delivery, Analytic Ecosystem and Big Data Solution Development.
- Excellent people development and talent management skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in matrix organisations where internal relationship building and credibility is critical.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
- Strong understanding of market trends and technologies. This includes a solid understanding and experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and personal development of both themselves and of the extended teams that they manage.
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills and reliable, independent working style
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English mandatory.
Up to 60%, but varies based on client, project or internal activities
Community / Marketing Title: Data Team Lead
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: MUNICH, Bavaria DE