HR Business Partner (Director level), Product & Technology
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205086
Position Title: HR Business Partner (VI)
Position Title: HR Business Partner (Director level), Product & Technology
Company: Teradata Corporation
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to the Vice President, Human Resources (Product & Technology)
Teradata is seeking a HR Business Partner to work closely with several business leaders in our Product & Technology organization to build a high-performance organization by driving key initiatives that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how business cycles influence the people agenda.
Through strategic leadership, this role will design, drive, and ultimately deliver on the HR strategy. The role is responsible for championing and executing human capital programs and initiatives while helping to catalyze ongoing growth and transformation for the organization. The human resources leader is both a strategic and hands-on role including improving organizational effectiveness & design, leading change management, providing leadership coaching and driving HR functional excellence.
You will provide HR leadership and build, adapt, and drive HR programs that are sustainable and agile. The successful candidate will apply critical thinking, sound judgment, and analytical curiosity to ensure successful business outcomes.
In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consult with senior leaders to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance.
- Play an integral role with the business leadership teams, maintaining the credibility and business knowledge to be consulted and to contribute to overall business decisions proactively.
- Partner with the leaders to enhance organizational effectiveness, develop change management capabilities and drive decision-making based on people analytics data and research.
- Engage with Company stakeholders to drive an integrated company strategy for building leadership and management capability at all levels.
- Stay abreast of talent trends, emerging skills and advanced thinking around solutions to accelerate talent and organizational effectiveness.
- Drive the Management Effectiveness to increase capabilities in global people managers that delivers both improved company results and high employee engagement.
- Establish, develop and lead HR strategies to create a strong sense of organizational culture in order to support engagement and retention of employees across all functional groups
- Lead full-cycle organization design and analysis, including organization assessments, structure, talent risk mitigation, job design, and talent placement
- Enable business and leadership readiness for change through authentic coaching and development of accelerated adoption activities and strategies
- Champion people programs and initiatives by applying them to real business challenges and guiding leaders to fully contribute and maximize benefits to their own strategy
- Consult on goal alignment, interpretation of strategy into goal setting and building commitment to goals and strategies
- Effectively analyze data, trends and use the data to advise and drive outcomes for the organizations
- Support M&A, integrations, reorganization and workforce reduction activities, as required
- Champion inclusion efforts to ensure our efforts foster the cultural impact, talent development, and overall strategy
- Champion Talent Ecosystem initiatives, including participate in selection process for leadership roles(Director+) and their onboarding; conduct talent reviews, coach leaders, evaluate and consult on development planning, succession planning, SWFP, Power Your Potential(Performance Management), career development, employee engagement actions, etc.
- Lead Organizational Unit’s total rewards strategy, compensation alignment and implementation; including annual LT compensation planning and oversight that ensures alignment of compensation philosophy across the BU/Function.
- Partner with internal HR COEs such as Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Compensation and Global HR Delivery to address issues and develop comprehensive strategies at the organizational level.
The Person We're Looking For:
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Instills Trust: Ability to maximize relationships, gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity, and communicate effectively
- Persuades: Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Decision Quality: Ability to assess complex business challenges and identify sound and timely resolutions that keep the organization moving forward
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals and long term success
- Business Insight: Understand drivers of organization’s business strategies and how to translate them into key HR initiatives. Apply knowledge of business and the external marketplace trends to advance the organization’s goals
- Exemplifies Teradata’s values: Dig Deep, Aim High, Rise as One, Raise our Customers and our World
- Results-oriented with empathy, high EQ
The Key Experiences You’ve Had:
- BS degree, MBA or Master’s degree in Human Resources, a plus
- 10-15 years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Business Partner or HR COE leader
- At least 10 years generalist experience in large organizations
- Experience deploying programs in global, matrixed organizations to deliver desired outcomes (remove-this one should be for the Region leader’s role not the HRBP)
- Experience managing a regional portfolio
- Full life cycle program/project management experience
- High tech or professional services industry experience preferred
- Proven track record of helping high-growth organizations scale and build talent.
- Design and deliver highly effective offsite and strategic planning sessions to enable business effectiveness. Facilitate, co-facilitate or enable Sr. HR Generalists to work with leaders to drive change within the business.
The Critical Knowledge You Possess:
- Strong knowledge and design skills in change management, organizational design, team dynamics, and coaching senior management talent
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides analytic solutions such as business applications, big data analytics and integrated data warehousing. Our solutions include software, hardware, and consulting and support services that help companies become more successful, by bringing to bear insights to improve the way they do business.
Since our founding in 1979, we've grown. We now operate around the globe, from the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and to Asia Pacific and Japan, with primary operations out of our San Diego, CA location.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: HR Business Partner (Director level), Product & Technology
Job Category: Human Resources
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US