Senior Practice Manager, Analytics Practice
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 205060
Position Title: Manager, Analytics Consulting
Senior Practice Manager, Analytics Practice
The GDC (Global Delivery Centers) are Teradata’s nearshore/offshore services organization, consisting of over 2200 consultants based in India, Pakistan, Philippines, Czech Republic. Our GDC consultants bring deep industry, technical and consulting expertise across the entire Teradata services portfolio ranging from data warehousing to data science and analytics.
The Senior Practice Manager is accountable for the GDC India Analytics practice in the center The Analytics practices consists of Business Intelligence ((Reporting & Visualization), Data Science & Software Engineering sub-practices . He/she will develop and implement the center specific practice implementation strategy based on the GDC level practice strategy and direction. He/she in partnership with the GDC Analytics Practice Head, GDC subpractice Heads, practice leads from other GDC Centers and other key GDC center LT members, will develop the GDC’s capabilities and services in terms of growth targets, resourcing, skills, career development and assets & accelerators in the center.
The GDC India Analytics Senior Practice Manager is a role model who will lead and drive the capability within the center, ensuring that a culture of field based development, reuse of best practices and IP, creation and presentation of white papers and speaker engagements/participation in internal and external industry forums, become the norm.
The GDC India Analytics Senior Practice Manager will report to GDC India Center Head.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Under guidance and direction of GDC Analytics Practice Head and in collobaration with sub practice heads execute our mission to drive revenue through a business outcome led, technology enabled strategy.
- Support sales and project delivery as a subject matter expert, or delivery manager participating actively in customer engagements and driving delivery standardization through capabilities and IP assets in the center.
- Accountable for practice outlook including financial, headcount, utilization, expense and attrition forecasting
- Accountable to drive GM improvement of through resource mix management and resource alignment strategies
- Accountable to deliver the practice projects with quality outcomes
- Be able to drive customer mindshare and thought leadership sessions on Data Science, Advanced Analytics, AI, BI & Visualization technologies
- Provide input on project scope, proposals, and contracts during the presales and personally engage as a contributor on key engagements.
- Ensures new knowledge is encapsulated in the form of best practices, processes and tools
- Participates in recruiting, interview and resource selection including people development, career planning, training & certification and promotions
- Drive customer satisfaction with work product and or align with supporting engagement managers and / or customer success managers
- Support the GDC Analytics Practice Head and GDC sub practice Heads and GDC Capability team by developing and growing a competitive, high-quality team of Analytics consultants within specific practice domain, leading local mentoring and talent and career development initiatives for the practice.
- Monitor and encourage local consultant contributions to Velocity and Business Value Frameworks.
- Instill a culture of creating, capturing, and replicating IP within the local practice in cooperation with the GDC LT and Knowledge Management function and processes.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the GDC practices in order to create and deliver integrated services offerings for customers.
- Create and manage center practice focus group and align with GDC level defined practice focus groups for direction and capability development
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience building and running a practice within a consulting organization with enterprise architecture and business content.
- Substantial prior experience and ability to serve as a subject matter expert in the Data Science, Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence (Reporting & Visualization) areas.
- Desired experience in Mobility / Cognitive design
- 10-12 years of relevant experience in delivering varied Reporting & Visualization tools/projects
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in delivering Data Science, Advanced Analytics, AI & Machine Learning Projects
- Excellent people development and management skills, including the ability to support practice members as a player-coach.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in matrix organization.
- Prior leadership experience in the development of knowledge management and IP capture / re-use within a practice area, including special initiatives on field based development of new IP.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
- Exceptional consulting and delivery management skills
- Excellent skills in communication, establishing of strategic and tactical strategy, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Skilled in value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
- Solid understanding and experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
- Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
- Master’s Degree
Up to 50%, but varies based on client, project or internal activities
Mumbai or Pune. Based in Center Location (India)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Practice Manager, Analytics Practice
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN