Program Director, Strategic Initiatives
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205027
Position Title: Director, Program Management
The Program Director is a key leadership role within the Office of the CEO, working alongside the Corporate Communications Group to provide executive support for highly visible, complex strategic initiatives and driving end-to-end cross functional program management largely related to our UpLevel Program. UpLevel is a focused, integrated program to drive change and measurable results across the entire organization with a focus on Culture/Inclusiveness, Go-to-Market Enablement, Strategy, Business Systems and Learning/Awareness.
The highly motivated and energetic Program Director will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the UpLevel Program, including developing and managing business cases, scope definition, program plans, roadmaps, change management plans, risk management plans, implementing governance, developing program management standards, and driving business process transformation to ensure that Teradata is achieving operational excellence.
The successful candidate will need to be comfortable driving business decisions in a high pressure and often ambiguous work environment, as well as interfacing and driving results across various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. He/she will be resourceful, team-oriented, and analytical. He/she exhibits excellent judgement, has relentlessly high standards and a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering high value results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ability to influence, negotiate, and coach/mentor project managers as well as develop relationships in a highly matrixed environment is critical.
- Oversees and manages the cradle to grave definition and execution of the assigned business/technology transformation program (UpLevel) including multiple workstreams or mini- projects within the program
- Works closely with the Communications Director to coordinate the short and long-term vision which can be communicated to the employee population.
- Works with stakeholders from every area of the business to evaluate and drive business decisions in an ambiguous environment
- Assess business performance metrics and define and implement initiatives to drive improvements
- Develops, implements and enhances standard program management processes, tools, and technology that are consistent with the current and evolving needs of Teradata
- May manage project or program managers in a matrixed organization
- Accountable for day-to-day stakeholder management
- Designs and manages standard monthly reporting and performs ad hoc and root cause analysis to help show the status of the project
- Works closely with internal/external stakeholders to proactively identify and remediate performance, financial, or operational issues
- Develops and executes communications, change management, and stakeholder engagement plans
- Conducts training and workshops of program management processes with stakeholders
Experience & Education
- 8+ years with specific complex, cross functional project/program management of $5M or more
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working for a top 5 consulting firm preferred
- Six Sigma, Lean, or PMP certification strongly preferred
- Background working with multiple areas of the organization, such as Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Consulting, and Finance preferred
- Experience leading and implementing PMOs, Lean/Six Sigma, or Organizational Change Programs
- Demonstrated skill at building strong working relationships and influencing both internal and external stakeholders at all levels; has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented, and rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills using data to derive actionable insights and drive decisions in a business environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Program Director, Strategic Initiatives
Job Category: Administrative
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US