Public Relations Blog Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204907
Position Title: Public Relations Specialist (IV)
Public Relations Blog Manager
Location: San Diego
Level: Individual Contributor
Teradata, the industry’s only pervasive data intelligence company, is searching for a writing and content management-focused storyteller to join its growing public relations team based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re looking for an experienced communications expert with top-notch writing and editing skills, a flair for SEO-enhanced storytelling and solid experience in leveraging PR strategy to achieve results in the tech media space. A proven record of generating high-impact earned media will help showcase this skill set and experience managing a corporate blog will be heavily rewarded. The ideal candidate will have a digital-first mindset, a natural ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and an instinct for turning complex technical topics into stories that captivate media and customers alike. This role requires a solid understanding of how public relations works in the B2B tech space, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Collaborate in a team environment to drive strategic communications initiatives that increase visibility for Teradata’s people, programs, and solutions, while protecting Teradata’s brand and reputation
- Own and drive enhancements to a robust blog program by:
- Coordinating, editing and curating content: leverage SEO knowledge and storytelling skills to suggest/make edits to submitted blog content
- Cultivating relationships with subject matter experts and leveraging those relationships to drive the creation of blog content in certain subject areas
- Managing the blog platform (Kentico) to schedule posts, including working with internal creative resources for imagery when needed
- Measuring and actively managing the KPIs for the overall blog program (via Google Analytics and/or Power BI)
- Write and edit a wide variety of materials, including drafting press releases and other collateral (including blogs from time-to-time)
- Proactively pitch stories to media at the local and national levels, leveraging an ability to turn technical topics into compelling business-level stories for a variety of audiences
- Work closely with public relations agencies and colleagues to drive deliverables
- Help identify industry trends and/or opportunities for media coverage and create compelling news angles that allow Teradata to participate in relevant conversations
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in corporate public relations, public relations agency, a newsroom or similar environment
- Strong writing skills across channels and types (including press releases, blogs, bylines, pitches, FAQs, plans, reports, etc.) with the ability to tailor content for the planned audience
- First-rate editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Experience with corporate blogging and/or managing digital content using an online content management system (experience with Kentico, Google Analytics and/or Power BI a plus)
- Proven capacity to understand complex technical concepts and communicate those concepts in a concise, easily digestible manner to a variety of audiences
- Solid understanding of PR strategy, including what works/doesn’t work for high-tech, B2B companies
- Proven media relations experience, including a successful record of generating earned media and cultivating relationships with reporters
What We Can Offer You
- An opportunity to influence the creation and refinement of Teradata’s world-class marketing organization, with cross-functional exposure to other groups within marketing for continuing education
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, personal trainer-staffed fitness facility, a 1-mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 10 years running
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all the data, all the time, so you can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. We call this pervasive data intelligence. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Public Relations Blog Manager
Job Category: Marketing
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US