Location: Antony, Ile-de-France FR
Requisition Number: 204881
Position Title: Solutions Engineers IV
The Solution Engineer Manager (SEM) is responsible for building, leading and developing a high-performing, expert team of Solution Engineers charged with promoting Teradata solutions to customers and prospects. A former hands-on professional technologist or architect with a background in data management and/or analytics, the SEM has a strong track record in Enterprise technology sales and a talent and a passion for coaching and developing individuals and teams. A team player, the SEM will also provide hands-on support to the Sales teams as-and-when required and will actively collaborate with peers and the wider Teradata organization to capture, harvest and share re-useable assets and best-practice.
Successful candidates will -
- Build and lead a cohesive, motivated and mutually supporting team of expert Solution Engineers with a will to win;
- Ensure that the Solution Engineers in their reporting line are assigned to appropriate Accounts and assist them in developing “trusted advisor” status with key client stakeholders;
- Support the Solution Engineers in their reporting line in developing sales strategies and architecture account plans that drive consumption of Teradata solutions and services;
- Take accountability for the success of the customers managed by their teams and ensure that other functions and stakeholders throughout the Teradata organization are engaged whenever and wherever this is necessary to make these customers even more successful;
- Critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of the Solution Engineers in their reporting line against the requirements of the accounts that they are assigned to and design and execute appropriate development plans;
- Support the Sales Technology Director and VP in developing and executing strategies that increase the Teradata footprint in target accounts;
- Ensure that the hard-won skills and experience of their teams are shared with peers and colleagues throughout the organization;
- Continuously develop their own management, coaching, consulting and technology skills and ensure that they stay abreast of the relevant industry developments, including the emergence and evolution of new competitive threats.
Successful candidates must -
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about managing, coaching and developing teams of consultants and demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills;
- Have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse, Data Lake and/or other analytical solutions;
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a proven track record as a people and/or project manager;
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one industry vertical (e.g.: Retail Finance) or one horizontal (e.g.: Supply Chain);
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language;
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antony, Ile-de-France FR