Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 204840
Position Title: Solutions Engineers V
Position Overview - Solution Architect (FMCG)
The Solution Architect is an expert technologist, responsible for promoting Teradata solutions to customers and prospects and for establishing and developing “trusted advisor” status relationships in a target account from the DBA to the CIO. A “T-shaped professional”, understands Teradata technology intimately and also has a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of relevant partner and competitor analytic technologies. This is a hands-on professional with demonstrable expertise in architecting, designing and delivering analytic data platforms who is as comfortable giving a technical demonstration or in providing specific and relevant advice and guidance on how a new feature should be deployed in a customer’s particular environment as they are in delivering presentations to senior business leaders. In addition, the Architect is committed to life-long learning and personal development and is also committed to sharing hard-won knowledge and expertise with peers and the wider Teradata organisation.
Successful candidates will -
- Be assigned to one or more target accounts and partner with the Account Executive to define a relevant, actionable account strategy and plan;
- Understand and document the client’s “as is” analytical ecosystem architecture and define a “to be” architecture that addresses client strategy and requirements, supports the growth of the Teradata platform and mitigates competitive threats;
- Drive sales and usage of Teradata software and services by acting as a trusted technical advisor to the client;
- Provide technical leadership to the extended Teradata account team and ensure that other relevant SMEs are engaged at appropriate points throughout the sales cycle;
- Work with the extended account team to identify new workloads that can be brought to the platform and opportunities to leverage new features and functions to optimize existing workloads; be accountable for customer success;
- Deal with ambiguity and propose creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions based on her experience and expertise where only partial information is available to her;
- Work with the extended Teradata consulting team to scope projects and develop appropriate SOWs, project plans and risk analyses;
- Actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out of solutions to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded and in order to understand the real-world strengths and weaknesses of Teradata solution offerings; ensure that appropriate learning is captured, best-practices are updated and that feedback is provided to the product and engineering teams, as required;
- Continuously develop her own consulting and technology skills and ensure that she stays abreast of the relevant industry developments, including the emergence and evolution of new competitive threats;
- Share hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
Successful candidates must -
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata;
- Have at least 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions;
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations;
- Demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology marketplace and the trends are driving the adoption of new analytic technologies;
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one industry vertical (e.g.: Retail Finance) or one horizontal (e.g.: Supply Chain);
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language;
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
Terms and conditions
Teradata is firmly committed to growing and leveraging the benefits of diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings to solving business problems. Candidates will be considered based solely on skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. The successful candidate may work from either a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon his or her preference, but will be expected to travel frequently to meet with customers and account teams in-person and throughout the EMEA region.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB