Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 204817
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze complex customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using native and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field with minimum four-years of experience
- Hands on experience with one or more ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage etc.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and SQL development skills
- Knowledge of data modeling and mapping
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Good Data warehouse & ETL concepts
- Understanding of one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Financial etc.
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Spark, Oozie and Impala
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the following Hadoop distributions: Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks
- Training/Certification on any Hadoop distribution will be a plus.
- Good communication and analytical skills
Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK