Senior Content Developer/Technical Writer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204726
Position Title: Information Engineer (IV)
As a Senior Content Developer/Technical Writer at Teradata, you will create crisp content to help our users do their job efficiently. Keeping SEO in mind, you’ll shape the end-to-end user experience. In this position, you will write primarily hardware-focused content for our game-changing Vantage platform.
This position is on-site at our beautiful campus in Rancho Bernardo.
- Produce top-notch technical content, including in-product help, user and installation guides, servicing tasks, and more.
- Act as the first customer of every release by working hands-on with our products. Advocate for the end user in your work.
- Drive guidelines and best practices, support cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to implement road maps.
- Stay on top of trends and learn new technology and concepts.
- Juggle multiple projects, responding to changing scope and schedules.
- Embrace the technical, including hardware and platform specs, installation, and servicing.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, and at least eight years of relevant experience.
- Working experience of content development, especially for enterprise-level products.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and transform technical concepts into content that provides users with a comprehensive and relevant experience.
- An understanding that standards should be both followed and challenged.
- Apt at being simultaneously self-reliant and collaborative.
- You’ve already edited this ad and have suggestions for improving it.
- Developing DITA/XML content, following search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Producing in-product or on-screen content, delivering the needed information at the exact time.
- Working with database or analytics software, SQL, Python, or other related languages.
- Experience with structured writing, single sourcing, and content management systems.
- A belief that a well-cabled, humming data center is a thing of beauty.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Content Developer/Technical Writer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US