Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 204672
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
Job: Data Scientist Tokyo
As a Data Scientist, you will perform analysis, and be responsible for the implementation and support of large scale data and analytics for our clients. You will work in a team whose data science efforts range from exploration and investigation to the design and development of analytic systems. Your technical leadership is extracting meaning from large scale, unstructured data is coupled to your ability to work with engineering teams to integrate and underlying systems as Teradata provides Big Data solutions to clients.
Additional responsibilities for the Data Scientist job will include providing big data solutions for our clients, including analytical consulting, statistical modeling and quantitative solutions. Mentor sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics and work closely with client teams to deliver results. In this job you will help translate business cases to clear research projects, be the exploratory or confirmatory, to help our clients utilize data to drive their businesses. Collaborate and communicate across geographically distributed teams and with external clients.
- Coursework in mathematics, statistics, machine learning and data mining
- Proficiency in R or other math packages (Matlab, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with Java and Python
- Excellent programming skills in object-oriented languages
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Able to estimate time needed to complete assigned tasks and deliver in that time period
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Core programming, text file manipulation, and statistics with Numpy, Pandas, Scikit or other approved modules.
- Data frames, data manipulation, and objects
- Command line, pipes and remote terminals
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations in R, Python or other “non-big-data” technologies. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations over Hadoop & Spark or other approved big-data technology. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes.
- Design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using R-Shiny, python Notebooks, Zeppelin or other approved open-source visualization technology.
- Calculating and interpreting ANOVA models, ANCOVA models, hypothesis tests, and confidence intervals.
- Creating and interpreting at least one type of each of these statistical models: GLM, CART, ensembles.
- Creating and interpreting one of these models: k-means, hierarchical agglomerative clustering, or approved other clustering model.
- The data scientist can write technical reports for projects and/or internal collateral for training or internal assets.
- The Data Scientist can write non-technical documents that describe our offer (or solutions) for non-technical audience. This can include a delivery presentation for a non-technical audience, a conference presentation or marketing material
The Data Scientist must be able to travel to client sites up to 35% of the time. Must be able to interact and communicate with the client in meetings. Must be able to write programming code in applicable languages. Must be able to write project documentation in English.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent work experience. The employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or job experience.
Job Location: Tokyo (Japan)
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP