Staff Cloud Distributed Systems Software Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 204581
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (IV)
Staff Cloud Distributed Systems Software Engineer
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Cloud Distributed Systems Software Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go, Python, etc.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with Teradata technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc
- Experience working with large data sets including NoSQL data stores(dynamo, DocumentDB/Cosmos.
- Familiarity with big data analytic engines like Hadoop.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Distributed Systems Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US