Location: Rome, Lazio IT
Requisition Number: 204179
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
Location: Rome, IT
As a Big Data Software Engineer you will provide technical skills in a team that designs and develops path-breaking large-scale Big Data and Analytics solutions. You will help our client on the state-of-the-art technologies and tools, covering the whole ecosystem from infrastructure and foundation ones (as Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Yarn, Kafka, Flume, Spark, Sqoop and No-SQL databases), to the ones related to Data Governance, Data Pipelines, and Analytics tools.
You would also be requested to design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integration from multiple sources, using Shell scripts, Java, Scala, Python and related languages.
Additionally, as a member of our Consulting team, you will help Teradata establish thought leadership in the Big Data space by contributing to white papers and technical commentary. This position offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the growing Big Data and Analytics market. The successful individual possesses knowledge of past and modern data architecture patterns, a strong sense of the art of the possible and, at the same time, can balance it with the requirements of large organizations to build reliable data environments. The right candidate is excited about working hands-on as well as providing strategic guidance to some of the biggest and most well-known organizations.
Your main responsibilities are to deliver on our commitments and to help organizations on how to make Big Data and Analytic technologies work for them. You will be invaluable member of our delivery teams working with the most ambitious customers. You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the Big Data space.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Verbal and written communication, with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment. You may be requested to communicate and present some topics to small audiences.
- Experience with relational database systems, data warehouses or other OLAP systems, and in delivering enterprise-level ETL pipelines, data workflows, migrations and lifecycles, is also requested.
- Hand-on experience with the Hadoop stack and related Big Data technologies: Hive, Spark, Yarn, Kafka, Flume, HBase, Sqoop. Knowledge and experience of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- A background in software development, continuous integration, tooling and software architectures and software development patterns is needed, either in in enterprise environments, system integration, or science-related ones. Experience programming in Java, Scala, Python and/or SQL.
- Experience with Unix/Linux (Bash scripting, ssh, networking).
- Experience in Agile Methodologies (e.g Scrum, Kanban)
- Knowledge with SQL and relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Knowledge of Search technologies (Solr, ELK Stack).
- Analytical skills and creative problem solver.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national environment.
- Experience with Git or other CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab, etc)
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of cloud services from AWS, Azure, GCP (e.g. EMR, S3, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud DataProc, HDInsight,…).
- Good understanding of Data Science fundamentals.
Education And Experience
- 2 years or more experience in relevant roles.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other relevant degree.
We offer you a not average place to work: we are inspiring and passionate people. We may work hard at times, but always in a dynamic, relaxed and collaborative culture. We offer you the chance of joining a rapidly expanding organization with ambitious growth targets, where you can really make the difference and shape the future.
Position is based in Italy. However, we are often required to spend time on-site with our customers, mainly local but also international ones. You will be required to participate in travel-based work as a Teradata team member. Italian and English business-level is mandatory.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rome, Lazio IT