Corporate Facilities Operations Lead
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204692
Position Title: Supervisor, Real Estate
The Corporate Facilities Operations Lead is based on San Diego, CA and will manage the daily building operations and facilities services functions for Teradata’s Corporate Headquarters in San Diego (Rancho Bernardo), a four-building campus with roughly 500,000 square feet. In this role, you will manage the maintenance of building equipment, machinery, and other facilities-related services and operations. You will drive development plans, budgets and schedules for facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs. You will lead, manage, select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of each required function.
- Create and maintain the standard operating procedures for facilities operations, creating a safe work environment for employees, visitors and customers.
- Provide hands-on management and individual support for all facilities projects.
- Competitively bid out, negotiate, manage and implement the acquisition of goods and services associated with the facilities and present recommendations to senior management.
- Assist with identifying high-quality service and cost-effective solutions across critical business support functions (facilities operations, soft and hard services).
- Mentor and supervise facilities team members and vendors to ensure smooth operation of the facility; also responsible for administrative activities of managing others (employees and/or contractors).
- Conduct routine facilities audits; ensuring facilities are being properly maintained, vendors are contractually compliant, safety and security systems are operating properly, regularly scheduled maintenance is being performed on equipment, HVAC systems, elevators, etc. and all areas of the facility are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Oversee related requests for proposals, contract specifications and purchase requisitions.
- Work with Facilities Team to oversee preventive and corrective maintenance programs for all facilities, as well as landscaping, equipment, physical property, access and property enhancement.
- Coordinate and review design and construction of facilities improvement upgrades to provide operation and maintenance perspective on new projects for maintenance efficiency.
- Works with Facilities Team and Corporate Real Estate Team to oversee requests and approvals for capital projects; once approved, will oversee budget reports and schedules for all maintenance projects.
- Coordinate with local/state authorities, involving facility operation or building concerns and permitting/regulations.
- Participate and support the environmental health and safety emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience aligning facilities operations goals and objectives to overall business’ global and regional corporate strategies.
- Experienced establishing and managing design & build procedures: predictive, corrective, and routine work requests that include coordinating with electricians, plumbers, HVAC mechanics, equipment repair technicians or other outside vendors.
- Experienced in project management: Developing criteria and requirements, providing conceptual designs and coordinating implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and managing multiple projects concurrently in a time-sensitive environment. Ability to work with multiple constituencies and drive efforts spanning a wide range of functions.
- Compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations with experience and/or training on OSHA and EPA laws and environmental reporting requirements.
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive emergency response and business continuity plans that include fire and life safety components and adhere to national corporate standards.
- Ability to read and understand building plans and specifications. In-depth knowledge, interest and track record of successes in energy management techniques.
- Proficiency in developing and managing facilities consultant and facilities goods RFP process, including consultant/supplier selection and contract administration procedures such as negotiating economic and contractual terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of budgetary processes/requirements, including development and administration of multi-million-dollar operational budget with strong accounting/financial understanding of cost controls and budgets. This includes managing various facilities consultants and their operating cost/monitoring overtime and outside contracting costs.
- Ability to manage time and complex deadline-driven workload; includes planning, organizing, setting reasonable priorities and good follow-through.
- Experience managing and leading a team in support of facilities operations at a large multiple-building campus.
- Experience providing leadership to a diverse workforce, helping to guide, evaluate, motivate and counsel staff (Including in-house team, facilities trades and technicians). This includes being a mediator of interpersonal conflicts and facilitation of team efforts.
- Must be a team player, driven to provide the highest level of customer service with “can-do, no job too big or small” attitude
- Provides analysis of work assignments (including your own) and executing to the operational plan
- Well-versed in establishing and maintaining preventative maintenance programs to ensure various facilities assets meet or exceed their useful life expectancies.
- Knowledge/experience coordinating and planning for regional conferences, employee events and client-facing activities on corporate campuses.
- In-depth experience in all aspects of space utilization and change management affected by employee moves and restacks, internal repositioning and monitoring occupancy.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be available for occasional overtime, weekend hours, holidays and on-call basis as needed as this is a 24/7 facility.
- Bachelor's degree in the applicable field or equivalent prior work experience in the facilities industry required.
- 10+ years of direct work experience within facilities with additionally 3+ years of experience managing the day-to-day work of others (employees or vendors).
- Broad knowledge of all areas within a Corporate Facilities function within a Company.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Energy Professional designation is a plus!
- High achiever with ability to coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of personnel including being sensitive, adaptable, professional and articulate. Acts proactively to address customer needs.
- Advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Logical decision-making, using sound, professional judgment.
- Management, leadership, Organizational Skills, Communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to resolve complex issues and recommend workable solutions.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters, remain factual and objective and possess strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution.
- Professional behavior and appearance at all times
- Has innovative and entrepreneurial spirit to review existing facilities processes and devise more cost effective and efficient methods for completing these tasks.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Facilities Operations Lead
Job Category: Facilities
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US