Senior Director Product Management Teradata Cloud and As a Service
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204567
Position Title: Senior Director, Product Management
Reporting directly to the VP of Teradata Product Management, this individual will have responsibility for defining our Cloud and As a Service solution strategy; defining new services based on market demand and working with engineering to build these services; and assist in defining and executing the go to market strategy.
Working closely with the engineering team, customers, executive leadership, and sales & marketing team, the Sr. Director Product Management will leverage his/her technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for Teradata Cloud and As a Service. The role requires an individual with strong leadership who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for Teradata’s Cloud and As a Service direction; collaborate with and drive a strong team of innovators and engineers to continue Teradata’s tradition of building groundbreaking products and services; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners and nurture a vibrant ecosystem to deliver infrastructure products that are optimized for the Teradata platform and customers.
The role requires an individual with strong analytical, leadership, and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture, see-around-the-bend vision; and the drive, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with R&D and Leadership team to transform that vision into a reality. He/she must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
• Guiding and augmenting a product management team: The Sr. Director must develop an exemplary team of product managers who can lead the company into its next phase of growth
• Aligning the platform vision with the overall company goals and vision.
• Leading the definition of next-generation Cloud and As a Service offerings
• Lead and support M&A activities and other key projects for the Cloud and As a Service offerings
• Overseeing the service development and delivery process from inception to delivery
• Partnering with product and technical marketing to ensure the proper positioning and evangelization of Teradata technologies within the broader Cloud and As a Service market
• Working closely with sales to identify and address broad industry and trends
• Nurture and grow partnerships, internally and externally, in order to continue to build out Teradata’s Cloud and As a Service platform.
• At least 5-7 years of experience in product management in a Cloud/ As a Service environment
• At least 10-15 years’ technical experience in defining, building, and testing products
• Specific systems and cloud management domain experience in large and/or small start-up companies required
• BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred, MBA desirable
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
• Strong awareness of technology trends and their potential influence on Teradata’s business
• Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views.
Why work for our Division?
Product Managers are the drivers of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Customer Services & Support, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need.
Location: Position is available in San Diego or Santa Clara or Seattle.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director Product Management Teradata Cloud and As a Service
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US