Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 203209
Position Title: TB Data Engineer (I)
Data Engineer JOB
About the Data Engineer Job
To enable our customers to get maximum value from all of their combined data, we are looking for a Data Engineer that will work with our Data Scientists as part of an agile process to solve complex data projects using innovative solutions.
The Data Engineer job involves configuring and integrating cutting edge data warehouse and big data technologies, developing new data schemas and figuring out innovative ways of storing and representing data, including highly structured to multi-structured data types.
Whilst supporting our clients with the data provisioning and acquisition process, you will have a particular focus on collecting, parsing, quality assessing and managing data, including sensor, clickstream, emails, documents etc. You will also support the analytics process, helping to design, construct and build analytical datasets. Working closely with Data Scientists, you will be responsible for expanding our data processing capabilities; establishing efficient ways of implementing advanced analytics; and ensuring that we build reusable data assets for our globally renowned clients.
Our clients continuously challenge us with interesting projects and we are recruiting to fulfill the demand. If you are innovative, have the restless curiosity, creativity, commercial guile and the programming and analytical skills required to succeed with the most demanding and challenging global companies, we want to talk to you.
- Knowledge, interest and passion for big data analytics.
- Configuring and integrating new cutting edge data warehouse and big data technologies.
- Developing new data schemas and figuring out innovative ways of storing and representing data, including highly structured to multi-structured data types.
- Supporting our clients with the data provisioning and acquisition process.
- Focus on collecting, parsing, quality assessing and managing data, including sensor, clickstream, emails, documents etc.
- Support the analytics process, helping to design, construct and build analytical datasets, which includes exploring and visualising large sets of data.
- Working closely with Data Scientists, you will be responsible for expanding our data processing capabilities; establishing efficient ways of implementing advanced analytics; and ensuring that we build reusable data assets for our globally renowned clients.
- Knowledge in different programming or scripting languages like Java, C++, PHP, Ruby, and/or Python.
- Understanding of Unix systems, especially Linux.Expertise building databases and writing SQL with systems of Teradata, Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Hands-on exposure of parallelised data processing systems such as Hadoop or Spark.
- 2+ years of knowledge & understanding of how algorithms work and have experience building high-performance algorithms.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Understand the client’s business goals, IT plans and architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and solution designs.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. An effective communicator, with an ability to provide solutions as well as being open minded to those of others.
- Experience from one or more industries
- Good communicator with both Business & IT
- Excellent time management skills
- Mentoring skills
- Ability to work effectively with associates at all organisational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well organised presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- BS or MSc in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
Data Engineer Tokyo
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP