HR Director ,Regional GTM – APAC
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 202888
Position Title: HR Director (II)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata believes that analytics and data unleash the potential of great companies and our mission is to empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics at scale and on our industry leading technology foundation.
The Human Resources Go-to-Market (GTM) team is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our transformation agenda, and we are seeking highly skilled, business-minded, experienced HR practitioner and leader to support/partner with the APAC GTM organization.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources for Global GTM, this position will serve as the Senior HRBP for the APAC GTM: representing approximately $417M of revenue and employee population of roughly 3,872 (Greater China Area 822; Japan 386; APAK 557, GDC 2125). This role will serve as the primary interface with the client group to provide solutions and advise on a wide range of both strategic and day-to-day human capital matters. The senior HR leader operate as a “business consultant” and serve as credible, trusted advisors to provide solutions and recommendations to enhance operational effectiveness and ultimately drive improved business outcomes. This role is as participating member of multiple leadership teams, including the APAC GTM (go-to-market), and Global GTM HR leadership team.
We are seeking well-rounded HR professionals who have extensive experience and expertise acquired by working in multiple, high-quality environments and high-quality HR organizations where HR played an integral role in the execution of the business strategy. Working in partnership with our COEs (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, HR Technology, etc.) these individuals require individuals with a global & regional perspective who can draw upon their professional breadth and depth, as well as their ability to influence and inspire (requiring exceptional communication skills) to measurably contribute and accelerate the achievement of our business objectives.
What we are looking for:
As part of a broader company transformation and under new HR leadership with a new vision for human capital, this role is pivotal in driving a new culture and standard within the region business and HR team. These positions offer an opportunity enabling our GTM transformation regionally, positively impacting the business and HR team culture, approach and ethos, as we leverage our internal capabilities and expand and enhance as we build-out our HR team and model.
- These positions are the “next generation” of the HR Business Partner, working side-by-side with their business units or functional executives driving Organizational Effectiveness (OE) drawing upon extensive business and HR acumen to provide advice and counsel as a partner to the business leaders and client group
- Lead and set the vision for HR within your client group, working in partnership with other members of GTM HR team, Regional/Country HRBP’s/generalists and COEs
- Help set and deliver against the Regional HR and client group business objectives; being accountable for results
- Implementing and adapting corporate, regional or client group programs
- As a key leader in GTM HR, play a key role in setting the new standard for HR and helping to reshape, drive and establish the HR model and culture moving forward
- Help develop and coordinate the realization of the roadmap and strategy for and implementing human capital programs and initiatives regionally, and executing through a matrix of local generalists across the APAC region and execution of go to market enablement programs pan-region.
- Manage a small and or matrixed team of HRBPs and generalists, including all the care and feeding required to build, engage and develop high quality team members
- Establish and set the day-to-day priorities for the team
- Roll up your sleeves focus with regional leaders to establish, deploy and execute upon business process, strategy and capability building; aligning, leading and empowering Country HR team members to drive and deploy with clients across region.
- Support M&A, integrations, and reorganization activities as required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management, organizational develop or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and 12+ years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Business Partner or COE leader, including global program deployment responsibilities. The position requires experience working in high-quality environments where the work exposed and required you to performance a wide variety of approaches, practices, systems and thinking, including experience in mid-to-large, global companies. The desired candidates will have held a similar position in the past and experiences supporting and leading HR and business transformation and change across a sales organization.
Your Critical Skills:
- Strong track record operating in an MNC corporate and regional matrix environment and leading and influencing multi-culturally
- You have deep knowledge and broad knowledge of HR practices, principles and procedures based on working closely with colleagues across the HR function (talent, performance, compensation, compliance, etc.), regional country HR managers and generalists, and internal partners (Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing talent strategies aligned with business strategies
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to create and lead highly effective/efficient and successful teams and working atmosphere; experience working in environments that drove excellence, held high standards and took a practical, but creative/innovative approach to human capital
- Experience managing projects, including defining scope, managing budgets, driving deliverables, meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Well-developed analytical skills and problem-solving skills, and the ability to “connect the dots” between the business needs and how we can best meet those needs
- Strategic orientation and critical thinking skills with ability align and integrate disparate talent management programs embracing the global approach, and regional focus with respect toward localization and business applicability
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, managers and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Strong people and organizational skills to lead, build and develop a regional HRBP team members and elevate the HR delivery model in multiple, regional locations
- Experience successfully managing change and promoting innovation and continual improvement
- The ideal candidate will have experience in high tech and/or consulting, professional services and experience in both small, entrepreneurial enterprises and large, multi-national companies, demonstrating the ability to operate in both environments
In addition to these critical skills, to be effective in the role, candidates must:
- Have a strategic mindset and understand the business and how HR can influence the business, but also enjoys rolling up their sleeves; we call this “zooming in and zooming out”
- Have a strong sense of pride, accountability and ownership and a high-quality and continuous improvement orientation
- Be highly organized, detail oriented and a stickler for accuracy
- Be highly collaborate and have a track record for working in a matric environment and successfully operate across organizations and levels
- Have a point of view and the confidence/courage to (appropriately) challenge assumptions, coupled with a high level of professionalism and the sophistication and finesse to push through issues while maintaining relationships
- Be a logical, linear thinker, who doesn’t take things at face-value, but is also creative and can develop solutions which consider both facts and circumstances (form and substance, context and content)
- Possess and demonstrate exceptional judgment, self-management, impeccable ethics, and a high degree of personal and professional maturity
- Be results and customer oriented; views obstacles as opportunities, tenacious
- Be resourceful, thrive is a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Be curious, a continuous learner and a student of our business, human resources and HR technology and regulations to both maintain current knowledge, but also to ensure compliance
- Have experience working with modern HR technology (Workday, Oracle, etc.) and strong Office skills, as well as be willing to travel occasionally
This is an ideal role for a high performer who is looking for their next opportunity and interested in building, but not from scratch and at scale, in an environment where we are investing in our people and people practices. Our preference is for candidates that can “hit the ground running” and bring experience in the ecosystems we operate in - high tech industry and/or professional services, however, this is a strong preference but not absolutely required. What’s most important for all positions in our HR team is that the individual have strong fundamentals in HR, is good thinker, is highly accountable, holds themselves and others to a high standard and is passionate about what they do. We call it the right “DNA.”
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: HR Director ,Regional GTM – APAC
Job Category: Human Resources
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG