Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 202271
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Job Position Details Software Engineer
Responsible for the development of new features in the complex area of the Teradata Database. Ability to understand existing features and code which needs strong ‘C/C++’ skills and understanding. Excellent analytic abilities with an extensive background understanding of Database internals, SQL grammar, data structures and OS internals. Candidate shall also be involved in fixing bugs in the Teradata Database code initially to gain an understanding of the different areas. Experience in working in UNIX / Linux environments is highly desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B Tech / M Tech / MCA in Computer Science with 1+ years of development experience in C/C++.
1) Ability to understand complex database features
2) Strong C/C++ programming skills.
3) Ability to work with a Project Lead, Senior Developers, and Support Associates required.
4) Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
5) Experience with GDB, Rational ClearCase is a plus.
6) Excellent problem solving and strong debugging skills
Development of Teradata Database Kernel features, writing design documents, implement the code and unit test and deliver the project.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Responsible primarily for the development of DBS Kernel features.
2. Participate in understanding of feature enhancements and design documents.
3. Develop the code in C/C++ language.
4. Analyze database defects, design fix and unit test changes.
5. Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
6. Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with Team Lead, and reports to Engineering Manager.
Requirements Analysis, Understanding the Design Documents, Software development, Unit/Integration testing, bug fixing.
Strong programming skills with C/C++
Software development experience in Linux and Windows O/S
Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
Attention to detail
Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
Experience writing software that employs a relational database API
Good verbal and written communication skills
Works well in a team environment
The following skills are desirable but not required:
Teradata Database Knowledge
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN