Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 201750
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II)
Java Developer plans, designs, develops and deploys platform technologies. They define technology choices, deployment options, and migration strategies. Systems Engineers define and design high availability and business continuity architecture. Systems Engineers perform sizing and performance analysis, optimization, capacity planning and configuration, systems administration, upgrades, etc. A Systems Engineer is broadly aligned with the Platform Development sub-practice.
Systems Engineers may be specialists (e.g.: Cloud Architects, Teradata DBAs, Hadoop Administrators, Performance Analysts), but will be encouraged to develop into “T-shaped” professionals as part of their professional development. Systems Engineers manage use of platform services like Hadoop and Kubernetes, mostly deployed on Linux. Principal Systems Engineers may function as Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain distributed platform architecture.
- Interface with project stakeholders (PM, members of Scrum team, customer) to define and document system design requirements.
- Document designed solution (Run Book, User Guides).
- Develop and validate the system design.
- Test the developed system (smoke test, system integration test, performance test).
- Deploy systems in cloud, on premises or in hybrid environment.
- Support and maintain the deployed solution.
- Establish and maintain a configuration management solution.
- Establish and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of Linux - basic layout, package management, user management, shell scripting and overall good Unix vocabulary.
- Proficiency in at least one programing or scripting language (Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl…).
- Proficiency in a configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Good knowledge of a version control system (Git, Subversion…).
- Ability to use bug/task/change tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla…).
- Ability to write technical documentation in English language (Run Books, User Guides, Tutorials…).
- Knowledge of build tools (Maven, Gradle…) and use of infrastructure servers (Nexus, Artifactory…).
- Experience with or at least some knowledge of system integration tools or/and middleware
- Exposure to Hadoop, especially from DevOps perspective (Cloudera Manager, Apache Ambari).
- Basic knowledge of security and authentication (LDAP and/or Kerberos and SSL).
- Understanding basic networking concepts (WAN, LAN, DNS, OSI, Protocols…)
- Experience with test automation in any language.
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Consultant
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN