Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 201141
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION
We are looking for a professional software engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s database internals team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team are in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun that describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- MS degree in Maths/Statistics or Computer Science
Role & Responsibilities
- R&D for applying ML techniques in database internals
- Analyze and design complex features/applications
- Design, develop, code, test & debug system software
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Take technical ownership of the feature(s)
- Provide post production support
- Work as individual contributor or technical lead
- Must have good understanding of internal algorithms and mathematics of Machine Learning Techniques like support vector machines, Neural networks, Decision tree learning, Clustering, Genetic algorithms etc.
- Advanced programming skills in C/C++/Java on Linux OS
- Strong data structures and algorithm skills
- Solid understanding of probability and statistics, linear algebra and applications
- Extremely preferred if have completed advanced course in some of below
- Statistical Learning
- Probabilistic graphical models
- Pattern recognition
- Optimization for machine learning
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience in database internals
- Experience in compiler internals
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN