Senior Pricing Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205283
Position Title: Pricing Analyst (III)
As a member of Teradata's Deal Desk, you will have the opportunity to excel in the role of Pricing Analyst as you work with the Americas Sales team on bid and P&L development. The Pricing Analyst creates the pricing and P&L analysis for these deals, utilizing Teradata’s Pricing Tools, and provides vital counsel to Deal Managers, Sales and Sales Management on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques. You will run bid reviews and provide and secure bid approval as required. On a day-to-day basis, you will help to win business and increase profitability by providing information, analysis and recommendations. In close cooperation with Deal Managers you will work cross-functionally with the Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions across the company. The position reports to the Global Pricing Lead and will work out of our beautiful campus headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Evaluate bid pricing and terms & conditions, identify risks and options
- Cooperate with Deal Managers to identify the best commercial model for a proposal
- Provide price structuring & scenario analysis relevant to sales strategy
- Support a Teradata Sales organization in cooperation with the Deal Managers
- Provide general pricing advice and business consulting and accounting advice for Deal Managers, sales teams and GEO VP
- Interact on Deal Desk projects and present to Teradata LT Members
- Improve and Create processes and tools used by the Deal Desk organization to improve efficiencies and user experience
- Assure that Teradata’s Governance Policy is appropriately applied to all transactions
- Understand data analytics technology and competitor products and tactics
- Participate and provide input to account planning sessions as needed
- Consolidate opportunity pricing & prepare revenue recognition analysis for major bids
- Work within Salesforce to complete Deal Sheets and submit for approvals
- Ensure that appropriate levels of approval have been obtained at region and corporate level for all bids as determined by corporate policies.
- Capture and report bid results and metrics
- Gather and disseminate general product pricing information
- Monitor price & cost changes, and other product information as it impacts deals
- Provide opportunity & competitive feedback to Americas region/corporate level pricing
- Bachelors degree, Minimum 2 years related work experience or college new hire with Internship experience in Finance
- Strong capability in Excel, PowerPoint and other windows applications
- Demonstrated analytical/financial skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with multiple functional areas to achieve desired outcomes
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Knowledge of web based applications, sales support tools, or other modern programming languages
- Experience in Finance, Technology, or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and Cloud
- MBA, prior Pricing, Solution Architect, or Financial experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Pricing Analyst
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US