Senior Director, Product Management – Go-to-Market
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 204991
Position Title: Senior Director, Product Management
The Product go-to-market team within the GTM/Presales team is accountable for maximizing the cross-portfolio product & technology group’s performance by translating corporate objectives, market opportunities and portfolio of offerings into a cohesive product go-to-market strategy. You will lead this team and direct, develop and manage all aspects of product go-to-market strategy and execution across the diverse portfolio of Teradata products, solutions and services. You will have a major influence over the future go-to-market strategy and provide significant operational efficiency improvements by leading a team, adding industry best practices and collaborating to standardize multiple scalable/repeatable product go-to-market frameworks. You will work with executives, various cross-functional leaders and build trusted VP-level relationships.
The Senior Director, Product Management will provide leadership by owning and enhancing the operational effectiveness of the cross-portfolio product management organization by acting as a thought leader, influencer and establishing the strategic direction of product go-to-market, thereby, consistently bring a diverse set of products, solutions and services to market.
Product go-to-market leadership: In an operating environment that continues to evolve quickly, the Senior Director, Product Management will be the product go-to-market thought leader who develops and executes the product go-to-market strategy and frameworks through her/his team and other cross-functional stakeholders. Having the intellect and experience gained by commercially activating offerings in the market, the candidate will define, execute and maintain a scalable and consistent process for product go-to-market by partnering with cross-functional members to standardize activities, deliverables and governance model. The candidate will also collaborate with relevant product managers to translate releases/features into outcome-based language & help marketing build value-based messaging, content for thought leadership, sales plays, etc.
Operational Excellence: The Senior Director, Product Management maintains a scalable and consistent process for product go-to-market by partnering with x-functional members such as field enablement, product marketing to standardize product GTM activities, deliverables and governance model. Works across various product management teams to institutionalize best practices. The candidate has an in-depth operating knowledge to be an effective supervisor of direct reports.
Stakeholder and Relationship Building Skills: Establish and manage mutually beneficial relationships with a wide spectrum of stakeholders including sales enablement, product marketing, product management, etc. Building a productive, trusting, contributing, and cooperative relationship with the various stakeholders is key to establish credibility and influence.
Resilience and Adaptability: Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, competitive environment where changes in technology and customer expectations are in constant motion. Anticipates and adapts to change while staying focused on growth and high performance. Can reconcile the needs of sales, customers and internal stakeholders with tact and fairness. Possesses strong self-awareness and ability to respond to others in an emotionally intelligent way.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for an exceptional leader who has a track record of developing and maintaining a scalable and consistent process for product go-to-market that standardizes product GTM activities, deliverables and governance model. The role has a major influence over the strategy of the way Teradata goes to market.
The ideal candidate is as follows:
· A passionate leader that values the collaboration and creativity within and among teams but also one who will bring decisive leadership.
· Leads a team of directors, senior product managers and is directly accountable for driving results for product go-to-market.
· Developed and executed long-term product go-to-market strategy to achieve significant operational efficiency improvements such as on-time delivery of cross-functional content deliverables.
· Has a pulse on the external market and industry and how changes in external factors may impact the product go-to-market strategy and customer conversations.
· Has the ability to negotiate with a high level of discretion (internally and externally) with others including VP/SVP level.
· Has made a major influence over the future of an organization’s go-to-market planning and decisions.
· Has made complex judgments, defined cross-functional processes and developed out-of-the-box solutions.
· Has championed the creation of an aligned and engaged, performance centered culture that drives sustainable success for the long-term product go-to-market.
· Translate releases/features into outcome-based language & help develop value-based messaging, content for thought leadership, sales plays, etc.
· Build “Voice of the Customer” programs to enable Product teams to capture customer challenges & expectations.
· Evaluates existing goodness and injects industry best practices to contribute in developing a scalable go-to-market governance model.
· Has excellent executive presence, comfortable presenting in front of executives (e.g. internally, in forums and in front of customers)
· Dynamic & Disciplined - A high level of energy and enthusiasm to her/his work and inspires and motivates others to higher levels of performance.
· Able to listen, communicate openly and directly, and not afraid to challenge or be challenged, welcoming debate.
· Track-record of operating at a high strategic level, while also being able to quickly drill down into the minutiae of technology and sales and customer needs.
· Able to connect with sales, marketing, customers and articulate their needs and present compelling solutions.
· Experience of working in product marketing, sales enablement and product management.
· Strong business judgment, analytical acumen, communication ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
· Demonstrated examples of collaborating to top-grade sales enablement processes and governance, that was repeatable and scalable.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. MS or MBA preferred.
· Minimum 15 years of experience in related product management, product marketing and/or sales enablement roles.
Teradata’s total compensation approach includes a competitive compensation package 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Product Management – Go-to-Market
Job Category: Product Management
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US