Senior Data Scientist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204969
Position Title: Data Science Engineer (III)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all the data, all the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
As a Senior Data Scientist in Teradata’s Transcend organization, you will be a member of our internal Analytic Platform Services team responsible for helping the business drive key outcomes from our own data.
Role and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with product manager, engineering, and customers to formulate the right question to answer and deliver accordingly
• Identify, transform, and integrate data within the Teradata analytic environment to support analysis and feature/response variable engineering
• Formulate meaningful metrics, extract key relationships within data, and construct models which support analytic insight and automation
• Visualize data and communicate analytical insight in effective manner
• Present product capabilities and research work in compelling fashion to variety of audiences
• Partner with Engineering counterparts to support research process and research operationalization
• Participate in agile development and research processes
• Communicating complex analytical and technical concepts to a business audience
• Evaluating and differentiating techniques, tools and approaches to machine learning problems
• Support, lead and mentor junior members of the team in Data Science techniques
• Statistics: Exploratory analysis, model development, and theory
• Data Mining: Discovery of patterns & signals in data or anomaly detection
• Data Modeling: Machine learning (e.g. decision trees, probabilistic reasoning, neural networks, clustering, case-based reasoning)
• Extensive knowledge of Python (e.g. SciKit-Learn, Matplotlib, NumPy, Pandas)
• Highly proficient working with SQL
• Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team. Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real-world problems
• Experience with Teradata technology is a bonus
• Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research or another related discipline
• 2+ years related experience (Ph.D.) or 4+years related experience (Masters)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Demonstrable skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
• Track record of delivering data science including a basic understanding of database systems, software engineering, systems monitoring, and communication to stakeholders
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US