Lead Software Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 204838
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all the data, all the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
As a Lead Software Engineer in Teradata’s Transcend organization, you will be a member of our internal Analytic Platform Services team responsible for helping the business drive key business outcomes from our own data. In this role you work with data scientists, data engineers, quality engineers, and fellow software engineers to collect, process, present, and leverage data to help find patterns and data correlations that drive real business outcomes.
Role and Responsibilities
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to team to include top notch code reviews, complex problem solving, and computational optimization
• Support and drive delivery of team agile stories/epics/features
• Adherence and contribution to application/data frameworks and best practices across the Transcend and Teradata organization
• Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams touching UI, product management, data, and quality spaces
• Work closely with product managers and management to define, deliver, and articulate roadmap
• Stay abreast of latest technology and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent
• You must be able to design, develop, document and implement software by leveraging agile and CI/CD methodologies.
• Apply strong software development best practices and discipline to work with cross functional groups to deliver high quality products
• You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
• You should be able to mentor new hires and interns.
• You will have solid communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must have strong experience and skills programming in Java
• Must have strong experience and skills interacting with data in SQL
• Experience with server-side and web-based development
• Experience with containerization technology such as Docker Containers
• Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
• Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and Test Driven Development
• RESTful API development
• Building, operating, testing, and scaling data flows
• Continuous Integration solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI or Bamboo
• Building and leveraging CI/CD pipelines
• Build tools – Gradle, Maven, make
• Must have 8+ years experience programming in Java
• Must have experience as data engineer
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
• Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US