Performance Test Engineer
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 204477
Position Title: Performance Engineer (II)
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented Performance Engineer with deep technical expertise to enhance performance test coverage and analysis for continuous integration and regression during feature releases for the Teradata Analytic Calculator and Real-Time Interaction Manager products. The Performance Engineer will be a change agent who can architect performance tests with the goal of simultaneously improving quality, customer success, and system optimization in an automated environment. The candidate will be well versed in automation technologies, automated deployment, performance simulations, and virtualized/cloud environments. The candidate will be capable of designing next-generation testing solutions to enable iterative performance testing in a continuous integration environment, capturing key performance metrics to allow deep analysis of the system under test.
The Performance Engineer will facilitate the automation, execution, and maintenance of performance test scenarios for both new and existing features. The Performance Engineer will create performance scenarios that encompass multiple facets of performance (load, stress, benchmarking, etc.). The Performance Engineer must have a strong grasp of various testing methodologies including functional, integration, and regression testing.
- Work with Product Owners to define system performance requirements and ensure all performance requirements are met for product delivery
- Participate in Agile development processes with a focus on test scenario authoring and automated performance testing
- Create and execute complex performance test plans and procedures that mimic real-life customer scenarios.
- Build out and enhance our various performance test cases to ensure that our system performance and reliability exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Troubleshoot issues and tests; analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve product stability.
- Assist product engineers in the identification and resolution of product performance problems, and in designing performant products.
- Provide suggestions for improving testing efficiency
- Facilitate the automation of performance test cases from customer issues, feature development, and customer use cases and their incorporation into the appropriate test suites
- Capture performance test metrics in a comprehensive and detailed way that provides transparency and actionable data representation for the teams and leadership
- Strong background in writing and running system-level performance test cases
- Strong background in statistical analysis and test results reporting
- Previous programming and scripting experience (preferably with Java, JMeter, TestNG/Junit)
- Prior experience in test planning and regression test execution at a system level
- Prior experience with performance monitoring tools tracking CPU load, memory usage, and JVM monitoring
- Prior experience with test management tools (preferably qTest or Enterprise Tester)
- Experience working on Agile sprint teams
- Ability to create and execute SQL database queries to validate data and seed test data as required for testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration using CI tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Strong background in automating performance test cases
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Test Environments (Linux/systemd, Tomcat, WebSphere)
- Experience with GIT and or code coverage tools like Sonar/Clover is preferred
- 3+ years related industry experience
- B. S. in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Performance Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US