Senior Test Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203907
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
Teradata Corporation is looking for a seasoned individual for a position in the Teradata Integration Test Engineering group. As a team member, you will use your technical skills to:
- Define and execute the strategy, plans, and risk management planning for Teradata Performance benchmarking
- Engage Product Owners in the establishment of performance goals, creation of good user stories, acceptance criteria
- Review Database architecture and provide guidance and write tests to exercise different capabilities; analyze and evaluate complex SQL workloads and Schema
- Develop and hands on work on a strategy to stress different areas of SQL Engine
- Develop detail Scalability and Performance KPIs and measurements
- Establish best practices in benchmark execution and reporting to key interested parties
The activities are geared towards improving product quality with a focus on upstream process improvements and the adoption of the Agile methodology. These efforts will require you to interact with employees at every level and in different parts of the organization worldwide.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong understanding of Teradata Database Performance optimization and Scalability aspects.
- Ability to tune the Database and associated controls, settings, functionalities to achieve the desired performance goals
- Highly proficient and experienced in Teradata Database architecture, functionality and practices, Analytics Ecosystem, Cloud, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, SQL
- Deep understanding of Teradata’s hardware products and its interoperability with the Database to enable the right tunings to take place
- Fast learner with strong problem solving and analytical skills; A problem solver, able to work in a results-driven, highly accountable environment
- Demonstrate ability to lead and multi-task, problem-solve, make decisions and operate in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborator who listens effectively and invites response and discussion. Possess good negotiation skills
- A problem solver, able to work in a results-driven, highly accountable environment
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and be reliable and responsive
- Highly effective communication skills, including interactive listening with proven ability to negotiate across all levels of the organization.
- BA/BS Math or Computer Science with 10+ years of experience
This position is located in San Diego, CA. This fast-paced, high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state-of-the art technology to the next level.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Test Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US