AI Platform Architect Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203349
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
We are an energetic team of bright analytical and engineering minds that are passionate about creating powerful, high performant and scalable AI platform using latest and greatest technology. We drive innovation and create state-of-the-art solutions on which our customers can rely on to solve some of the world’s toughest problems with data. We have a great collaborative environment of engineers and PhDs with strong skills in data science and software development.
As an intern on our AI Team, you will have the opportunity to work with a mentor and the team to design, implement or enhance highly performance, scalable and flexible AI Platform using the latest tools, framework and HW for ML, DL, and microservices architectures. You will architect, research, innovate, experiment and prototype software components to manage the end to end AI development life cycle. Research and innovation our focus and you will have the opportunity to think out-of-box and implement your ideas in one of the most exciting, dynamic and growing field like it is AI’s field. Your responsibilities during this internship may include:
- Architect, research, prototype highly performance, scalable and flexible infrastructure to support the AI development life cycle.
- Evaluate, investigate and prototype the latest and greatest AI tools and frameworks to implement high level features and help to democratize AI.
- Research and develop software components that facilitate the use of these tools and frameworks
- Leverage microservices tools and frameworks to build an auto scalable, enterprise ready platform.
- Leverage ML/DL frameworks and HW accelerators to boost the performance to the top.
- Must be enrolled in a MS degree program pursuing Computer Science, Data Science or relevant discipline
- Graduating dates between December 2019 – June 2021
- Good programming skills in Java and Python
- Good knowledge on microservices architecture and tools and frameworks related
- General knowledge on ML and DL frameworks.
- Knowledge on parallel programing on GPU is desired
- Effective communication
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: AI Platform Architect Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US