Security Incident Response Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205837
Position Title: Security Engineer (II)
Incident Response Analyst
San Diego, California US
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The security team at Teradata is a fast-growing team with great career growth opportunities. Security is tasked with applying secure everywhere principles through the supporting constructs of secure by design, secure by default and verified secure. The team receives strong support from the top down and we are looking to lead from the front with exciting new products having a security first guiding principle. This role will be integral to leading the innovation and development efforts and build a team to support these efforts.
The Incident Response Analyst will be tasked not only with identifying and responding to potential threats, but also proactively hunting and eliminating them. The ideal candidate will be highly technical and should possess an advanced understanding across a broad range of security technologies and will take a proactive approach to cyber incidents. The candidate should have several years of experience working with each phase of the Incident Response Life Cycle in NIST and ISO standards and should have hands-on experience in creating and executing cyber hunting missions. The candidate must be a world-class problem-solver with the ability to handle challenges under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of finding and responding to cyber threats and incidents. As a key member of the security team, flexibility and broad knowledge of security processes, along with strong communication and collaboration skills will result in a successful candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security
- Threat intelligence/threat hunting
- SIEM solution experience for investigations and hunting
- Network traffic analysis (PCAP or live)
- Malware analysis (static, dynamic or behavioral analysis)
- Network Security, network access control, network monitoring tools
- Vulnerability identification and remediation
- Knowledge of information security solutions including data loss prevention; intrusion detection and prevention; network security monitoring; and vulnerability management in a global environment
- Develop, maintain and report on security operation metrics and KPIs
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business mission or goals and implement measures to satisfy those requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation.
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in information security roles
- 2+ years managing security technologies
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC
- Extensive Experience in:
- IT security industry trends and direction
- Network and internet security
- Emerging technologies
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Incident response management
- Information security technologies
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Security Incident Response Analyst
Job Category: IT
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US