Senior Staff Data Application Framework Engineer - Real Time
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 205291
Position Title: Data Application Engineer (V)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus relentlessly on helping our customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
The Business Analytics Solutions team’s mission is to build out the world-class analytics ecosystem for Teradata. We are looking for engineers with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks, to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. Leverage your skills in building analytics application frameworks to drive Teradata’s business and provide a reference architecture for our customers.
The Teradata Staff Data Application Framework Engineer – Real-Time will design and deliver sophisticated analytics application frameworks, capable of continuous, low-latency processing, to manifest innovation and optimize engineering efficiency across the following areas:
• Continuous Data Integration: Applications for acquiring data from batch and stream sources, interpreting and applying logic to transform operational data into relational analytics objects in-flight, and loading asynchronously into multiple data management platforms.
• Continuous Data Processing: Applications that consume enterprise data to produce actionable insights to drive business functions based on continuous and pre-processed inputs. Integrate Data Science capabilities to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning.
• Continuous Data Management: Applications built on a high-performance, low-latency data management infrastructure to continuously manage the content of the analytics ecosystem, including data quality, data curation, data lineage, metadata management, and more.
• Continuous Data Services: Applications built on top of a services infrastructure for presenting data for programmatic consumption, including complex analytical data services in near real-time with millisecond latency to support real-time analytics for in-flight business operations and autonomous decisioning.
• Drive collaboration with architects and other engineers on data application designs and corresponding framework architecture.
• Identify and drive opportunities for innovation in data application design and engineering.
• Translate functional requirements, design, develop, test, and release analytics application framework enhancements leveraging an agile methodology.
• Drive collaboration with product managers, analysts, and engineers on application framework requirements and success criteria.
• Scope application framework design and engineering effort and work with project teams’ roadmaps integrating framework enhancements and application delivery in an agile fashion.
• Drive collaboration with Operations and on-call teams to provide on-going support and enhancements for deployed application frameworks.
• 10+ years of programming experience (Unix/C/Java/Scala/Python/…)
• 8+ years of experience with relational data processing (SQL/RDBMS/Spark/…)
• 8+ years of experience with data processing at scale (parallel processing technologies)
• 5+ years of application framework design and development
• 3+ years of real-time analytics design and development (Kafka/Storm/Flink/…)
• Expertise in modular design and code re-use.
• Knowledgeable in Java APIs, REST APIs, and/or services architecture.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong collaboration skills within a project team and across teams.
• Experience with Teradata RDBMS a plus.
• Experience with agile and waterfall project development methodologies.
• Experience with web frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS and data visualization libraries a plus.
• Experience with machine learning is a plus.
• Experience with cloud technologies is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
This job is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our Bellevue, WA campus. Teradata offers excellent compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Data Application Framework Engineer - Real Time
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US